Thursday, June 2, 2016

Goodbye, Joe Kelly

When you score 9 runs and hit 5 home runs you should win the game 11 times out of 11.  Joe Kelly has pretty much been a total disaster and I'm glad they're doing the right thing and sending him down to Pawtucket.  I hope that's the end of him here and the next time we need a 5th starter (a week from Saturday) we can actually trot out someone competent.  Hell, I'd even settle for half competent.

As far as positives go, there's Mookie.  Leading off the game with another HR was obviously great, but I most enjoyed how he stood in there after they threw a pitch near his head and took Orioles pitcher Mike Wright yard.  THAT was beautiful.

Didn't love the umpire warning the Sox bench after they threw at Mookie.  The hell did we do?  I know the umps do it that way a lot but it's a pretty stupid practice if you ask me.  All we did was rake, are we getting warned for that?

Anyone catch Dave O'Brien say Adam Jones was high school teammates with Sam Horn last night?  I had to rewind it twice and text my brother to make sure I heard it right.  The producer must've cued him in on his mistake or something, since the next inning he said that Jones "went to the same school as" Sam Horn.  Sorry, Dave, you don't get credit for the correction unless you acknowledge the dumb thing you said the inning before.  Am I picking nits with this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment