Thursday, May 5, 2016

Buchholz actually pitched well?

Did everyone see what I saw last night?  Did Clay Buchholz actually pitch well?  And against a first place team??  Now, obviously the White Sox aren't in first place because of their potent lineup.  Their order is littered with guys I didn't even know were still in the league (Dioner Navarro?  Jimmy Rollins?  Austin Jackson?).  But still, first place is first place.  And Buchholz is Buchholz.  Does this mean he's figured things out?  I wouldn't say that yet, but there seems to be hope.


Classic John Farrell with the dry h ump of Carson Smith.  The guy's just coming back from an arm injury, and doesn't have the most fluid delivery to begin with.  Maybe don't do your whole "warm the guy up and then don't use him the day after he made his season debut coming back from an arm injury" thing, John.


There was an older pink-faced Sox fan dude with white Larry Fine hair sitting behind home plate last night.  I know I've seen him sitting in similar seats at Fenway.  Anyone know this guy?  I didn't take a picture because I was feeling kinda lazy but maybe tonight.  Maybe he's a whacky, road-travelling Drinkwater?  Speaking of Drinkwater, is it me or has he missed more games than usual this year?


Dave O'Brien shared an anecdote of White Sox HOF'er Luke Appling goin' yard in an old-timer's game at age 75.  Impressive story, but it just makes me wonder why don't you see Old Timer's games anymore?  Do other teams do them and the Sox just don't for some reason?  I'd pay good money to see Dewey dig in against that crabby old Gossage.  You tellin' me Dewey's not takin' him deep?  Bitch please..

No comments:

Post a Comment