Friday, May 20, 2016

The tent is off

No game last night (I mean, there was NBA playoffs but once the Celtics are done so am I.  Do people watch the NBA when it's not their team?  Or the NHL?  I haven't in YEARS.  Hate how long the playoffs take in the NBA - does the first round really need to be 7 games?  When it was 5 it was SO much better - and there are WAY too many teams in the NHL - Florida has TWO teams?) so after the gym the gf and I popped over to the Slumbrew beer tent, or since the tent is now down for the summer, the Slumbrew Beer Garden.  I still call it the beer tent because it's just easier. 


I'm pumped the tent is down, because now I can bring my dog there.  Dog friendly drinking establishments are sadly few and far between, so it's good to have one back for the outdoor season in Slumbrew, in addition to nearby Nightshift.  I'm also pumped that Slumbrew has some new beers available.  I haven't been to the beer tent in a couple months, so I apologize if this is old news.  But I tried the Scooter last night, which is a Strawberry wheat beer.  It was okay.  I got a growler of the Niles Crane, a light blonde ale, which I had when I got home and I liked a lot more.  I'm a huge fan of their signature Happy Sol and their Porter Square porter, but it's great to see them coming out with more stuff.  I also saw a White IPA available that I hadn't seen before (Hare Brained) and a Gose if that's your thing (The Destroyer).  Supposed to do some day drinking this weekend (shocker) and I just may make my way back there at some point.


Glad that Tito will be back in the house for Tek and Wake going into the Sox HOF tonight, since he was such a big part of their success.  Hopefully he'll have his own ceremony at some point (and I wouldn't mind if he were still the manager here).  I know D&C&M like to tool on the Sox and Pats HOF, and sure maybe they're a little cheesy, but whatever.  They're for the fans.  Nothing wrong with commemorating and celebrating the career of someone you enjoyed spending hours, days, months and years watching and following - and we certainly spent a lot of time with the careers of Tek, Wake and Kevin Faulk.  It's what we like to do and it's why D&C&M are able to make such lucrative livings.  So congrats to Tek and Wake this weekend and Kevin Faulk in the fall.  All deserving honorees, no matter what curmudgeonly radio hosts say. 


Now if we could only do something about the Sox' starting pitcher tonight....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment