Friday, May 27, 2016

Last night and tonight - sorry

I went to the game last night.  Primarily to see Wade Boggs get his # retired.  When I was a little kid and didn't know any better he was my favorite player.  I heard a story once that he told Mike Gardiner, a guy who briefly pitched for the Sox, to make sure that he pitched hitters in a way that they wouldn't hit the ball to him.  Funny the weird shit you hear.  Any way, i disagree with the morning guys on EEI, I love the '86 team and have a lot of affection for them and have enjoyed having them around this week.  Of course I was 7 years old and just starting to get obsessed with the Red Sox that season, so it was pretty optimal timing.

While we're talking about that team can the current ownership PLEASE stop forcing Roger Clemens down our throats?  This has been going on for a few years now.  Henry & Werner, listen up - we hate Roger Clemens and don't want to see him.  Stop inviting him to shit.

Anyways, last night's game sucked because JBJ's hit streak ended and Buchholz Buchholzed his way outta the rotation. So at least there's some silver lining.

Tonight's game. Joe Kelly came back to earth.  Sanchez took on our lineup pretty well.  I hate how Farrell let the game end without letting Papi hit. I get it that if he hits for Vazquez and goners sending tie the game, but Christ almighty what was the plan to get him an at bat if Vazquez reached?  Have him hit for Mookie?  For Pedroia?  For Hanley?  For Shaw?  (Thank God Farrell has kicked his weird habit of hitting for Shaw).  Just made no sense.  Didn't hear Farrell's post game explanation, but I can't imagine whatever he used as an excuse made any sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment