Friday, May 6, 2016

Henry Owens pitched like a "HO"

Did anyone else notice that Henry Owens' initials are stitched prominently on his glove?  Kind of fitting given the way he pitched last night.  I love those crafty lefty types, the Jamie Moyer, Kenny Rogers, David Wells types.  I had high hopes that Owens might turn out to be one of those kinds of guys.  He still might, of course, but I'm starting to get discouraged.  12 walks in 3 innings (or whatever it was) will do that to me I guess.

How about Jackie "With that glove PLEASE just let him hit .240" Bradley, Jr.???

Trying not to get too excited about this team yet but it is pretty good to go into a first place team's city and take 2 of 3 on the way to play the hapless Yanks.

Crazy white haired Sox fan was back sitting behind the plate again last night.  I took a picture but can't figure out how to post it on here.  I'm new at this and I'm pretty much Johnny Low Tech, so cut me some slack!  Keep your eyes peeled for this cat this weekend in New York.  If he can afford those behind home plate seats we'll we're dealing with a real high roller.

Brett Lawrie is doing a sweet Chris Sabo imitation for Chicago these days.

Speaking of going into a first place team's city, it was interesting that there were 4 first place teams in the same city for the first time in MLB History last night, but someone needs to tell Steve Lyons I heard him the first 10 times he said it.

Missed the start of the game coming back from getting terrible margaritas for cinco de mayo at a place in the rose (not the Mexican place - they were way too crowded obvi) but was interested to hear Rob Manfred with O'Brien & Lyons.  Glad to hear he's aware that these games are getting to be painfully long.  Nice to see the Sox and Sox respond by turning around their 9 inning game in a tidy 3:57.

Speaking of Manfred, my gf asked me who he was and I told her the commissioner of MLB.  Which led to this exchange:

Me: "Do you know who the commissioner of the NHL is?

Gf: "No."

Me: "Do you know who the commissioner of the NBA is?"

Gf: "No."

Me: "Do you know who the commissioner of the NFL is?"

Gf:  "Roger Goodell"

I guess being a huge asshole does get you some notoriety.

TRIVIA: Who replaced Yaz in LF in his final game with the Sox?


No comments:

Post a Comment